Here we were able to move completly to mentalray, for normal rendering as well as for hair rendering. We introduced real indirect lighting in our scenes what was a huge step forward. I created some mentalray shaders for some special tasks. Indirect lighting was done by creating baked texture sequences for the furry characters skin. This was then used to render the hairs. Liquid simulations were done with RealFlow what worked fine in some cases. For this second "Impy" movie we started to use "MayaShave" from Joe Alter as tool for our for and Hair work. It was a good step forward because we did not need to switch between applications any more, but not the optimal way yet.