This movie was quite large because it required a large amount of sets, New York, australian outback, Okawango delta. Again my tasks included VFX work, pipeline automation, shader creation. For "Animals United" we needed a better fur and hair system. After some research I started some tests and finally implemented our own hairsystem. It was based on simple nurbs curves which were used as guides for the final rendering. The huge drawback here was the problem that the hair styling artist did not have a visual feedback of anything he was doing. But rendering was fine. It worked quite well because in this movie we used mentalray only for the backgrounds, the characters and fur were done in "Pixars Renderman". It was fun to code the whole system and it worked quite well.

happy family tarzanurmel aus dem eiseuropaparkback to gayaherr der diebe



- Impressum -

- Datenschutz -